Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 15: East Grand Forks, MN to Bemidji, MN

Oh Crap!


That was the smell of the morning in Minnesota. 

Farmers must've laid some very fresh manure, because that was the overwhelming smell that greeted us on our ride.

It seemed to carry over on a type of theme for the day.

But, as you can see above, it was still pleasant to the eyes.

If I Picked One Word to Describe Today...


It would be...Headwind.

Headwind THE WHOLE DAY!

We battled for every mile.

Give me our first rain, the mosquitoes of Montana and their gnats on steroids; but please, please, please, give us a tailwind.

In all honesty, we have had either a head or crosswind for the majority of the ride.

Wind never usually affects daily life, unless you are riding over  100 miles every day on a bike :)

It's crazy how it can make or break your energy for the day.

Today, it was nothing short of constant.

Kept us at a steady 12-15mph.

We're used to traveling at an average of 17-20mph.

But like I said, we pressed on and even found a few nice surprises in the day.


Matt and Kev didn't follow me on this path, but I took it because it kind of reminds me of the tunnel of trees on Kauai.

Minnesota is a very green state. Probably because of all the moisture in the air.

I forgot to mention that we have finally run into the humid side of America.

And for those who know me, know I sweat a lot.

Add humidity and you got a sweaty Jordan cocktail.

I'm still sad to say that I haven't talked to someone who has the Minnesota accent.

Although, one lady has said that she met a man three weeks ago who was doing what we were.

Tomorrow may be a big day. We are planning it out tonight.

Oh and here is a movie about my furry friend :)



Boston or bust!

Share with friends and family and lemme know what interests you.

-Jordo




1 comment:

  1. Jordooooo!!! my dad just sent me your blog, this is awesome!! seriously, those pics are too gorgeous, you are too funny, and that bear is too cute! you are crackin' me up. i am proud a you cuz! keep rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete